NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 R-Line Beetle. I need new tires and have 235/45R18 on now. I wondered if there are preferred brands and models of tires.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
I can't give you a specific recommendation but I find, inputting your car info @ Tirerack website, is a good place to start and you can start researching things from there. I would think about what type of performance, comfort and tread life you want from a new tire; that should help guide you, in a basic path to typical tires that are available. You could always call Tire Rack, discuss your needs, tire characteristics you are looking for and see what kind of recommendations they offer you and then, post those, see if anyone has feedback on those particular tires. I believe, TR, has "reviews" from buyers and they discuss what their experience has been with the tires; of course, the reviews may or may not be helpful, as everyone seems to have their own opionion (it seems the "best" and "worst" tires; tend to become obvious, after reading a wide range of reviews). I would not shop on price alone; in the past, I purchased, some of the cheapest tires available for my new beetle in the 225/45R17 size; as they were pretty expensive, years ago and they ended up, having problems with "cupping", so that ended up, costing me more in the long run. So, a quality tire; should last you longer and save you money, rather then having to keep replacing cheaper ones.

https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

If you don't get much feedback here; you might try the vwvortex Beetle forum, historically it was much more active when the 2012+ Beetle models came out and there are a number of members, who heavily modified their cars, so they may have tire info posted in the older threads or try asking the question there as well.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?5309-The-Beetle

Let us know, what your researching; end up with and what tires you decide to go with. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts