NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my question is in regard to the transmission in a 2000 beetle. I know the code is AEG and maybe its a 01M? Are there other VW vehicles that have a substitute transmission that will fit? Are there different codes from others that are really the same transmission? Maybe the transmission is different but the same valve body? Does anyone know of a cross reference some place?

I'd like to pull a used valve body for a rebuild and if I get lucky with a transmision recently rebuilt Id pull the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If you are talking about the 4 speed automatic transmission in the 2000 Beetle it is an O1M transmission. AEG is the engine code.
What type of issues do you have?
More than likely it is your valve body and internal transmission harness that need to be replaced.
Here are some links that may help:

Kansas City Tdi & CoolAirVw Repair

HOW TO REMOVE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY - YouTube

01M 01N Volkswagen Valve Body, Golf 1996-05 , GTI 1999-01 , Jetta 1993-05,  New Beetle 2004 , Passat 1995-97, EUROVAN 92-03.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do think the vapve body is bad it has a hard shift from 2nd to 3 rd. It only slips like in limp mode when it is hot and works great cold. Already did fluid and filter which improved some but not enough. I was just thinking I may run across a good used transmission at the junk yard and would like to be ready just in case I find one that has already been rebuilt which seems kind of likely for this one. I did find some codes and it showed the same gear ratios with different trans codes just not sure of the tcc and tge hook ups. I will most likely get the valve body done soon anyways just because its such a fun car for my daughter. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts