NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a major problem, when im at a idle speed there is a whistling noise coming from my car, also there is a wierd smell too. I think it smells like tranny fluid but i dont know. My clutch has gone soft too, real soft. But it takes off and downshifts fine. I NEED HELP. my clutch is only a year old so i dont see why it could be going out already, and yes i know how to drive a stick..all help would be appreciated. THANKs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha i wish it was my turbo, it was my clutch plate spinning and not engaging on my fly wheel. well good old vw fails me again. downshift into 2nd all i hear is metal peices flying all under my car. so my clutch just blew out on my. WOO HOO my broke ass will have fun paying for this....:mad:

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
First try and see if VW will cover any of the cost under warranty.
If not, consider upgrading to the VR6 clutch with G60 flywheel, or one of the other aftermarket units. A bit more rugged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha well there may be more to the problem check out what this guy said over on tdiclub.com

"""The clutch is gone. DON'T drive it. The DMF has died. You need a complete clutch, sleeve, throwout bearing, pressure plate and flywheel. POSSIBLY a new trans too since there is a fluid leak. If it went you could have holed the trans.

One other thing. Did you slip one wheel real hard and then have it hook up? If so you very likely blow the differential out. A big issue with the 1.8T's especially modded ones. Climb under and see where the fluid is coming from. If it's dead center and not the bell housing you need a trans and diff. hopefully it's not tht serious. but I cannot think it is anything but. Follow up with us. Oh, get a quaife or peloquin diff if you need a new one so that does not happen again. """"

so i think im screw!!

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
Don't listen to everything you heard on a forum. It may be that bad, or it may not. Need to get it checked out. That does suck though and sorry that happened. Were you the only one that ever drove it? Was this your first manual? Is this your first diesel? Things are just a bit different with the diesels and there's a lot of torque you're throwing around...especially if you're screwing around with it.

But who knows...me and that guy from the TDIclub haven't seen your car and don't know how you drove it...so both our opinions are prolly worth what you paid for them. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts