VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
OK, here goes. The door speakers and rear speakers are 6.75". The dash speakers are 3.5" and 1", thereby making the front a 3-way component setup. What I would do is upgrade the deck first (Alpine and Kenwood are personal favorites), and then listen to the factory setup. Many people report much clearer sound just from switching HUs. As for subwoofers, a Basslink is great, but for not much more, if you do some eBay searching, you can get what I have for under $400 (check my thread for specifics).

For speakers, I would reccomend a good 3-way speaker in the back, and for the front, Polk makes a 3-way setup (6.5", 3.5", 1") that works great, and will fit the factory locations nicely. For amps, Rockford Fosgate makes excellent amps, though last I checked, Crutchfield was running a special on an Infinity 5-channel amps on the cheap.

As for shopping for this stuff, you probably already know open-box is your friend if everything is there. I got my amp for $100 off because it was open and a trimpiece was damaged. Turns out the trimpiece wouldn't work with my install, so I lucked out. Knowledge is key, so shop around. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.