NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the old site, we have the forum stats and "who's online" info at the top of the page. The default placement (like here on the new forums) is at the bottom. I'm sort of inclined to leave it at the bottom, because moving it requires a simple hack to the vb templates, which I'm trying to keep to a minimum (and I'm documenting them!). But, I wanted to see what you guys think...

Do you like to be on top or bottom? Err...that sounded bad...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It looks very clean having it down at the bottom.

It's still pretty easy to get to as well. Hey, can se set the subforums to be collapsed by default? just an idea.

While I like the small collapse/expand image; I'm not sure if people will notice the feature. Anything we can do about that?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noR said:
It looks very clean having it down at the bottom.

It's still pretty easy to get to as well. Hey, can se set the subforums to be collapsed by default? just an idea.

While I like the small collapse/expand image; I'm not sure if people will notice the feature. Anything we can do about that?
Setting the subforums -- at least some of them -- to collapsed by default would be cool. I dunno if that's an option or not. Have you looked?

I can probably re-make that collapse/expand image bigger. I think you're right about that one (for once). :D

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
jcroft said:
Setting the subforums -- at least some of them -- to collapsed by default would be cool. I dunno if that's an option or not. Have you looked?
Jam looked a little, we're still poking around. I think having them like that would do alot to educate new users that there IS a collapse/expand feature.

jcroft said:
I can probably re-make that collapse/expand image bigger. I think you're right about that one (for once). :D
WOOHOO!! I get a cookie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts