NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Legend
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am a proud owner of a fully-loaded 2002 New Beetle GLS (I acquired one as a result of my injuries lawsuit when my 1999 NB GLS I had owned from brand new got totaled 2 years ago) and I have always wondered, why and when did VW change the front and rear emblems from the beautiful 3D Black/Chrome in which concealed the rear hatch key entrance, to the very cheap printed emblems and no rear key access???

BTW, my 2002 NB has the Black/Chrome badges with rear hatch key access. Is mine different??? Mine was built in late '01 and I heard they did some changes mid-model year, Is this true???

I have seen SO MANY New Beetles here (more than ever now because folks wanted that second chance at driving the 1998-2010 MK4/MK5 models), and I'll tell you I see so many of the printed badges fade out and they really look tacky to me, perhaps someone can explain why VW did that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
don't know answer but can say some tracing paper scissors x black sticky backed plastic, can revive the badge cheaper than buying new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts