NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is there no place to post videos here on the .org I got an awsome crash video i found on ebaums world.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
gilligan said:
why is there no place to post videos here on the .org I got an awsome crash video i found on ebaums world.
So just post the link to the video. :goodjob:

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
Massive amounts of disk space are required to host video, plus lots and lots of bandwidth if you want multiple people to watch the video

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
As people have said, you should link to the video. Besides the disk pace and bandwidth requirements, I'd be very surprised if you held the copyright and were legally allowed to post it here, anyway.

Unlike still photos, not too many people are taking videos of their Beetle and wanting to post them on the web. Once that becomes commonplace (and it will), I'll consider putting up a place to host those videos, just like we made the Gallery area when it became apparent that everyone and their dog had a digital camera and wanted to post the pictures they've taken.

But random videos found on the Internet don't belong here -- they're not especially relevant to the nature of this site, they take a lot of server resources to host, and it's almost always illegal. But, you are definitely encouraged to link to them -- usually Mic. Hoo-ha is the best spot to do so. :)

Thanks,

Jeff

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
gilligan said:
not sure but could be a beetle.
The roof looks too flat to be a beetle and also the small 2nd grill above the bumper has me thinking it is not also. I am thinking a Fiat or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts