NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

why Toyota Corolla 1.8 faster than my new beetle 2.0
and i have a bigger engine and its a small car and toyota corolla its 4 doors :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
With the complete lack of details provided I'll suggest it could be any of the following:
Weight
Gearing
Wheels and Tires
Aerodynamics
Mileage on vehicles
State of Tune
When you drive the Beetle you go into Mellow mode

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That beetle made look small, but it ain't no lightweight! I'd be willing to bet it weighs about 800 pounds more than the Corolla, and every 100 pounds equals a half second difference in the quarter mile time.
:p
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
That beetle made look small, but it ain't no lightweight! I'd be willing to bet it weighs about 800 pounds more than the Corolla, and every 100 pounds equals a half second .10 difference in the quarter mile time.
:p
used to run mine at the 1/4 mile here in dallas. it's .10 of a second. 1/2 a second would have encourage me to lose weight and take my stereo system out!!! LMAO!

-jd

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
hi

why Toyota Corolla 1.8 faster than my new beetle 2.0
and i have a bigger engine and its a small car and toyota corolla its 4 doors :mad::mad::mad:
by judging from the rest of your posts im going to say lack of experience between the seat and the steering wheel. i used to have a 2.slow myself and beat many of a cars with it. the 2.0 is actually quicker than most of the smaller cars on the road if you drive it properly. sounds like you are young and just got a new toy.

-jd

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
used to run mine at the 1/4 mile here in dallas. it's .10 of a second. 1/2 a second would have encourage me to lose weight and take my stereo system out!!! LMAO!

-jd
Oops, it's been a few years since I've been to the track! I sure do love going to the Nationals up there in Ennis Texas. And we have a little quarter mile track for the local boys down here south of Waco, in Temple Texas too! ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
wow. didnt know we had a track south of waco. i havent been to that one. i had some kid one day strip his entire interior out trying to get that "edge" because he wouldnt let a "beetle" beat him at the track. that was in my 2.slow and he was in an acura integra.

-jd

·
Registered
758 Posts
Toyota Corolla 1.8 = 132 hp, 2600 pounds
VW New Beetle 2.0 = 115 hp, 3000 pounds
This.

Our New Beetle Convertible (2.0 with 6 speed auto) is about 3075 lbs curb weight. Our Pontiac Vibe (same 1.8 liter Toyota engine and four speed automatic as in the Toyota Corolla Matrix) is lighter at about 2800 lbs. The Vibe is faster than the NBC, even though the NBC "feels" fast due to shifting sooner and more often due to having two extra gears in the auto transmission.

The 1.8 Toyota engine (at least in some years) comes in a more advanced, higher output, version with about 170 hp.

If you want a "fast", relatively cheap VW, try the Golf GTI, or even better, the Golf R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts