NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Turbo Lemon
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure people call it a girl's car.

Sure there are cars that are much faster.

Sure the engine bay is obscenely small to work in.

Sure your friends tease you and call it "Herbie".

But...

What other car makes you smile everytime you see it?

What other car makes others smile from just one glance?

What other car makes WWIII come about on the playground?

What other car is as unique as a Beetle?

We are Beetle drivers. We are Beetle owners. We are the ones who take the image society wants us to portray and draw mustaches on it. We do not conform to the norm. We drive cars that are just as much fun to drive as they are to look at. We bring the sunshine to an otherwise bland day for many people. We understand that modesty is more important than glitz and glamour.

We are Beetle drivers. We are Beetle owners. :nblove:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sure people call it a girl's car.

Sure there are cars that are much faster.

Chip it, I eat BMW's for breakfast

Sure the engine bay is obscenely small to work in.

Meh this is my biggest complaint
Sure your friends tease you and call it "Herbie".

My beetles name is Herbie..
But...

What other car makes you smile everytime you see it?

Nothing at all like my yellow bug does
What other car makes others smile from just one glance?

A red Ferrari
What other car makes WWIII come about on the playground?

What other car is as unique as a Beetle?

Hmmmmmm the Mini? But I like how a beetle drives better
We are Beetle drivers. We are Beetle owners. We are the ones who take the image society wants us to portray and draw mustaches on it. We do not conform to the norm. We drive cars that are just as much fun to drive as they are to look at. We bring the sunshine to an otherwise bland day for many people. We understand that modesty is more important than glitz and glamour.

We are Beetle drivers. We are Beetle owners. :nblove:

I love my beetle and I wouldn't trade him for jack didly squat

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Here Here!!! I second that notion! Since I have been driving a NB everytime, EVERYTIME I park him at, say WalMart, I take a few steps, and look back! I always S M I L E :D

We are Proud!

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
i love my car because it certainly doesn't look like anything else out there. one of the only cars that doesn't have a badge on it stating the model. who would need to be told?

i love my car because i get to see people punch their friends when i drive by. i've now started smiling and waving which they seem to get a kick out of.

i love my car because the spoiled soccer mom in the porsche cayenne turbo parked next to me at the grocery store got out of her car, stopped and stared longingly at my topless chavo, and told me she loved my car. should have asked her to trade, huh?

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
i love my car because it certainly doesn't look like anything else out there. one of the only cars that doesn't have a badge on it stating the model. who would need to be told?
I was talking to my friends about that a few months ago, I was cracking up because I thought it was awesome!!! Also mentioned it to my grandparents, they agreed :D I think it is great that the second someone looks at our cars they know EXACTLY what it is, no need to question it :crazy:

I love my beetle because she is so bright and vibrant you can't help but smile when you look at her and everyone I know identifies me by my car. People will say "you are the one with the green beetle right??" if they can't remember my name or my face, I think it's great, no other car would stand out to people like that :D

I too would not trade my beetle for anything in the world :heart:

·
Turbo Lemon
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though I've only had her for 5,000 miles so far because she was used, and the timing belt went while the kit was in the mail, I love that car :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
I too always look back at mine and smile.

Just last weekend at the GTG here in WA we were all saying what other car doesn't have a name tag on it that everyone knows what it is? None! Even a Ferrari has to tell you what it is. Not the Beetle, everyone knows what it is. That makes me smile! :D:):p:banana::balloons:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i love my car...it makes me feel like i am 16 again, which I have said again. i hope to be a family of beetle owners one day.

·
Registered
995 Posts
:guitar::rockband::band::dance2::warmfuzi::warmfuzi::banana::jumpy::flipper::cowbell::grouphug::crunk::bigthumb::wave2::toast::heart:
A picture is worth a thousand words. So how many thousand words have I said?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Most of the time people see why I love my beetle. Fantastic design, great driving experience and always fun. Bu every now and then someone comes with the comment "isn't that a girly car?". Before, I used to explain that it isn't, but that just puts a smile on their faces. Nowadays I reply with "Yes, but I have a d**k large enough to drive it every day". :D

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
You mentioned Minis. My co-worker has/had a 2001 Cyber Green 2.0. She recently bought a red Mini, but could not part with the New Beetle. I am proud of her. :D

MINI peeps are very much like us. And, I respect that. :)

·
Turbo Lemon
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah Mini Coopers own my respect too. If it wasn't for the original, motorsports and rally would not have been as much fun. Nothing like watching a Beetle and a Mini (back in yesteryear) going at it.

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
a mini is one of the few non-volkswagen cars i could see myself in. i've always had a thing for them, and when i totaled my rabbit i said that was it, i'm getting my mini. i decided i just couldn't do it though and ended up in a MK2 jetta. one day i'll get my mini. i might have my mom convinced to get one for her next car, but i have a feeling she'll be just like me and in the end won't be able to have a non-volkswagen.

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
I really don't like the Cooper Mini...I like my Beetle. A lot.
i like the mini because it's a "premium hatchback." for some reason, americans like massive cars. car companies only give us goodies on massive cars. when i bought my rabbit, which is simply a hatchback jetta, i couldn't get leather, sunroof, heated seats, but my mother got all that on her jetta because it has a trunk. i do not like trunks, but i do like leather and sunroofs. anyway, this is why i like the mini, it's a tiny hatchback with OPTIONS. and they're just so darn cute too.

·
I love my Butterkup baby!
489 Posts
aww i agree with all of these posts!! i love my butterkup so much, i always have a huge smile on my face when i see her because she looks like a big smiley face on wheels.. my mom does this too, she's always like that car always makes me smile everytime i go out to the driveway! and people always identify me by my yellow beetle.. even the girls at starbucks are like "you're the one with butterkup right!!?" ( i have a euro plate now that says butterkup on the front) .. i just love driving my beetle! :D

·
Turbo Lemon
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree Katie, and I'd like to add that I go to Lincoln Technical in Whitestone, and even though the guys love to tease my car, she's the only one who they call by name. Other cars are just called by the manufacturer name, whereas when they ask about my car, it's "What's good with Herbette?" or "How's TurboLemon doin??"

It's a nice feeling.

Plus Beetle drivers tend to me much friendlier.

2 civics could be side by side and no one cares.

2 Beetles could be side by side and the whole highway behind them smiles :D

·
VW Junky
1,032 Posts
I love my bug bc if you don't love it,ya' hate it ;).

And to piss off the local snobby "import" scene in bulk.

So far,the 2.0 has been bulletproof,as well as my 01m,absolutely a tough biscuit :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts