NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Bug2nv said:
Where is this kit someone was making and going to sell?
I just recieved the kit from germany 2 weeks ago and yesterday It arrived home from customs...

ITS AWESOME, today Ill take the front to see if its doable and also to see if there is a copyright seal on it (so I dont get sued by VW), also we need to check if we can put a plate holder in the back sisnce the rear bumper does not have a plate holder, nor lights 4 it etc..(.its the race bumper)

Ill keep everyone posted

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
It cost 1000 euros, then I paid 515 Euro for shipment and 560 of taxes, nedless to say I m atakinmg my time of painting it and installing it. Its an expensive proposition but certanly cheaper than Bildons proposal of 4500 USD$ plus shiping....

I hope I can post pics of the firts prepped part and painted (the front)

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Well the thing here is that the only ones that are availiable are in Gerany because some teams that were in the Beetle cup races are no longer using those cars and have (most of them) 2 body kits, I was able to secure on eof those in a very good condition with no dentss and very good finish.

Even if you get them it wont include the parts to attach the pieces togheter or any screws ( luck has it that you can use the ones on your bug) but you will have to make your own inner fender guards (fender liners) Its ot dificult but its tme consuming my goal is finish my bug before Dec 15, I found Euro clear corners of the NEw 2006 beelte that are longer and slimmer but I dunno for sure of they will fit.

I am trying to make copies of it but I am still waiting for VW t tell me if I can do it because the parts are copyrighted (because its a srailized colectors car -the RSI).

In th emean time this is the way I want it finished... Ill let you know If Ill be able to make copies of the kit (my goal is less that USD2000 for the whole thing )

Attachments

·
formerly known as BROWN E
146 Posts
I'll patiently await the news for this kit to be made. ;) My bumper is scuffed up and all that anyway. Would you sell a fender liner kit too or screw package as well? I can probably get the body shop to find some for me since I work WAY too much to do the work to my car myself. :(

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Well I had a talk with someone about the copies, and they def. told me that the parts are copyrighted since that RSi is a serialized and exclusiv e car.

So Basically I dont want to be on the wrong side of the law.

On brighter note there are some folks here that are willing to take the risk and make copies, I offer them my kit for molding but I dont know for sure If they will do them.

I really like to make copies not only as bussiness but also if I have a mishap Id like to have spare parts and not be stuck with a problem.

I ll let you know sisnce I gece those brave souls 1 week to contact me and use the kit for copies since the carts are being primed and readied for painting.

Best regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts