NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im geting super frustrated... Ive been trying to find what i want to know and i get a bunch of other junk... So if someone can please help with the info im looking for tell me exacly hot to spell or word what i want to know itd be great...

I want to get an air fuel ratio gauge.. my car has been acting up lately and i like knowing what my engine is doing and how its runing.. I keep reading back and forth that the APH 1.8t is Narrow band... then i read its Wideband.. WHICH IS IT! lol

which A/f gauge would be best for my car? the standard a/f gauge or do i need to dish out the cash and get the AEM wideband gauge?

Thanks in Advance..

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Air fuel gauges use Wideband sensors, however, your car could possibly use either.

VW had WAY too many motor options for these cars and it may be hard to get a straight story from anyone???

You could try Bosch Replacement Parts Catalog and see if you can figure it out.

You really do not need an Air Fuel gauge for your car, you just need a decent scan tool or software package that can read and display real time data.

Your car likely need a thermostat and may have other problems that Fuel Trims and Freeze Frame data will help you understand what is going on.

You may want to read this OBD Software and Interface $22.16 - E46Fanatics

I posted this on a BMW Forum, ignore the BMW specific info, but I have a lot of options, many under $30 that can read real time data.

There is also VCDS which is VW specific, a good tool, but much more than most people need.

You will also likely need more than 1 scan tool or software package?

For $46 this is a great VW tool, Amazon.com: Hot MaxScan VAG405 Code Reader OBD2 EOBD CAN BUS VW Audi: Electronics
reads and clear Engine, Trans, ABS and Airbag codes, but unfortunately it does not display real time data, otherwise it would be an OUTSTANDING tool.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have vcds and vagtacho and torque for android... Ive scaned several times only get missfire in cyl 3 random... but my big issue is that when i drive hard and let off quick from boost the car just turns off.... Does it while stoped if i rev it high. Ive checked for boost leaks replaced all boost hoses with samco hoses deleted n249... I got tuned by gonzo and it still has the issue .. Id love to use vcds to log but as of last night i got pissed off and turned on the car n floored the ******* peddle reving out.. Not good i know but i was pisst n not thinking.. I do my own work i went to ati for automotive service tech.. I know what im doing n when i dont i take it to novitech... this all started after i installed the highflow mani.. So im assuming its air/fuel/boost related but dont know how.. Im runing a 4bar fpr with stock injectors so thats maxed out.. I just need to know exacly what it is before i keep spendig money on what its not..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts