VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought this home today. My FIL bought another 1998 TDI and let this one sit. It needs a lot of TLC, it has sat for the last 7 months. Havent had it for a day and already familar with battery removal. I was told it has upgraded injectors, but is otherwise stock.

Although it is my wife's car, I do want to swap wheels, and dosome other things to it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
I am so very happy to see that you are bringing this TDI New Beetle back to life. Heck, with those miles, it's just getting broke in! :)

Keep us up to date with the progress. We love to see them get better and better! :clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've been going back and forth about the car for almost a month. It was offered, then we decided not to take it. This weekend her dad called and told us to come get it. Some people give thier homes to puppies, kittens or children, I'm a sucker for a neglected car sitting in the weeds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll look into those. I looked up BRM replicas, but Allison said no. I just have to steer her away from those daisy wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
TDI with a manual trans, hello 55mpg! Great car. Change the timing belt/water pump/tensioner/idlers yesterday.

I'm a fan of Take 5 wheels as found on some NB Sport models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allison is is loveing her New Bug. So far it has covered 220 miles. And it's only been registered and insured since Friday. Got a pic of the two of them together.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
We ALL smile like that! Thanks again for helping this NB get back on the road! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts