VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the 99 nb the beginning of March....Engine work done (timing belt etc changed). New brakes and new exhaust. Then interior.....none of the power windows worked correctly only thing that did work was the sunroof! Finally found 3 broken wires in the wire harness after hours of checking fuses, switches etc. etc. etc. Four weeks of working on the car after work and on weekends we even replaced the interior! Finally take it out of the garage to to take it to the inspection station today and the ABS light came on, the engine light came on and the freaking sunroof wont work! I am beginning to hate this car! Scan done and now it looks like and oxygen sensor needs replaced to top it all off! Does it ever end?

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Bummer, that stinks kid. Sorry for your headaches and frustration- I feel your pain. My bug has been down for a year with a failed auto transmission. With these cars, especially a 15 year old one, issues will arise. I hope you can tough it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions on the power sunroof? Mostly I am just frustrated....thought we were in the clear ....I detailed the entire car and was looking forward to getting it on the road not much fun in just racing her around the block!

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Volkswagens are a love hate relationship. They are so damn fun to drive and show off but they do break, a lot. I make a pretty good living from broken VWs. That being said I also own four of them and love playing with them but they do piss me off sometimes with the broken ****.

I'd check and see if you are getting power to the motor first. Switches are more common than motors.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Frustration ... :banghead: I am right there with you man, I to have four NB's and it is a roller coaster ride ... I to am wondering when this ride will end; however I like roller coasters. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts