NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just joined uplease as we have bought my daughter a 2003 Beetle convertible for her birthday. The wheels are steel with broken wheel trim so I am thinking of fitting some alloys. I've seen some nice black 7 spoke vw wheels listed for several vw cars Inc the beetle but just want to make sure they will fit as its a surprise I'm limited in what I can get away with so she doesn't suspect anything. The wheels I've been told are 7jx16H2 with a et45. Looking on Google I can't find any info and have just discovered this site. This is a pic of the wheels. Thanks for help in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The center bore needs to be 57.1mm and bolt pattern is 5 x 100. 16" was standard on most, but 17" is a very common upgrade. My 1998 has 18" wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those won’t be a direct fit. A neighbor has those wheels on his B6 Passat, which has a 5x112 jolt pattern.

Here are the wheel specs:

You can try looking at local classified ads from Craigslist or OfferUp. Anything from a Jetta, Golf, GTI between 1999.5 and 2004.5 will fit without adapters. You can try mk1 Audi TT OEM wheels, also. Statistically, those models tend to have heaps of OEM wheels for sale for cheap, because of the (generally) greater interest of modding and upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts