NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to get a set of these discontinued wheels at a great price. They were made to fit the Cayenne, have a polished lip and are 20's (!). So, will they fit my 'vert? :confused: :D

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
if they're 20", you'll PROBABLY have to run spacers. I imagine they're pretty wide w/not enough or possibly too much offset.

Which is good, cause you can get some adapters that are spaced however much you want. :) So you COULD make those fit if you really wanted to Bill.

Don't let a little thing like being plug-and-play stop your roll.
I needed spacers AND to have some machine work done on my wheels before they'd fit. It sucked waiting; staring at those wheels for way too long while I figured everything out. But man is it worth it.

·
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do u think of these, pretty macho, would look cool with VW center caps, but come in 5 X 112 bolt pattern (advertised for the Passat). Can I make them fit?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'll second the fact that Mille's curb easily. Bent a 16x7.5 beyond recognition... :rolleyes:

But those other wheels look super tight. ;)

-Des

·
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hollow spokes? Please explain.

FYI, the Porsche-look twisty just above, which looks just like what ~w00sh! has (he sez his are the real thing), are about $2000 for the set...

Couldn't get away from the office yesterday, will try to go today or Sat, but they also have this great BBS-look rim with a polished lip in 18'-8.5, so cheap, $555 for the set! Comments?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-wheels-rims-Audi-TT-Vw-Golf-Jetta-Beetle-Hp-Evo-Type_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQitemZ8025821299QQtcZphoto

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Billsbug said:

FYI, the Porsche-look twisty just above, which looks just like what ~w00sh! has (he sez his are the real thing), are about $2000 for the set...

Couldn't get away from the office yesterday, will try to go today or Sat, but they also have this great BBS-look rim with a polished lip in 18'-8.5, so cheap, $555 for the set! Comments?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-wheels-rims-Audi-TT-Vw-Golf-Jetta-Beetle-Hp-Evo-Type_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQitemZ8025821299QQtcZphoto

Those are hot, but you will need some type of adaptors to make the "5 x 114.3" work. But you already knew that! :lol:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I believe it's their 18's? have a hollow spoke option. mmmm unsprung weight reduction.

Y'know the 'twisted technology' wheels. I forgot what sizes they have and you might have a little trouble trying to get them to sell you a set where the fronts and rears match. So be sure to look at that as well.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Billsbug said:

those are amazing looking but i think that the NB's need the porsche swooped wheels that you were originally talking about

·
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jazzcat said:
those are amazing looking but i think that the NB's need the porsche swooped wheels that you were originally talking about
Oh reeeeally? :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts