NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if vw is planning on bringing back the 1.8t, 6 speed manual trans or umm the color BLACK for the hard tops?

suzy

·
Mr. Retro
120 Posts
suzy said:
anyone know if vw is planning on bringing back the 1.8t, 6 speed manual trans or umm the color BLACK for the hard tops?

suzy
1.8T: Nope. The 1.8T is dead and gone, at least on these size VWs, replaced by the 2.0T, which the NB does not yet get. Not a big deal to me, though I guess some people might miss it.

6-speed: Nope. Not unless VW decides to mate the 6-speed to the TDIs and the 2.5s in all US-spec cars, which is unlikely.

Black: Maybe. One day, if we all believe. :)

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
I'm hoping that the '06 model year is just a test out year and that they will bring back some options (colors, engines, trim) in '07. The current color line up is too bland for the NB. I miss the bright and basic colors of the previous years...

It seems VW is still trying to push the high end image, and only offer sedate business like colors, similar to what is offered in the Audi lineup. I also get the feeling that they are trying to kill off the hardtop NB.

Makes me sad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts