NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

(not sure if this is the right place to post this - mods please move if need be)

I have a Phatbox that I'm giving my SIL for a Christmas :gift: - Thank you Mike! -
So here's what I think might be a trouble spot - presently she has no CD changer in the back and it's been months since I saw the carpet in her trunk - I was showing her where the connection wiring is - and I don't know if the carpet has the cutout for the bracket and player - how am I gonna find one really cheep (or free, HA HA) that has the cutout? Is this something I might find at a salvage yard perhaps? I don't think we want to cut up the carpet, right?

Suggestions? Ideas?
Thanks!
Beth :frosty:

·
Save a horse, ride a....
222 Posts
There should be a cutout in the carpet. Under the cutout, you'll find the nifty pre-drilled holes for mounting the bracket that will hold the Phatbox. Just be advised that with the Phatbox mounted it is hard to remove the cartridge because of the design of the back of the Beetle. I think VW just used the same bracket that is used in, say a Jetta, which might have more room to remove the cartridge. If you feel like spending more money, I got one of these

http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1365

and it puts the VW mount to shame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts