NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Are you talking about a deflector for the sunroof or for the windows? You can get a sunroof deflector from VW. It goes on easily. I think they have side window deflectors as well. There are some other places as well. You might start with www.aiwana.com.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I've researched this thoroughly.

AutoVentShade was mention. These are the same ones you can buy in Pep Boys or Strauss or wherever you buy your auto stuff. Always a special order item.

mats.com or Weathertech makes nice deflectors. OEM quality or better. A little pricey imho. They have roof, side window, and even hood deflectors available. Shipping is terrible there as well.

TVA (aiwana.com) has some for sale as well. Not sure what brand they have though. I think the sunroof deflector is a AVS.

I opted for an OEM roof deflector bought from Chaplin's VW online. They have a nice selection of all the stuff you can get from Drivergear, but without the Drivergear prices. As for side wind deflectors i couldn't tell you the brand, but i got them from MidAmerica Motorworks (800luvbugg.com or something. They had two piece versions and 4 piece. I have the 4 piece on my car. They don't pop into the window channel like some however and use the ol double sided 3m stuff. You can only tell close up though (check my pics to see what the 4 piece look like). As far as price, MidAmerica had the cheapest i could find. I think i paid $25 for the set.

Hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just be aware that the sunroof wind deflectors cause a lot of dirt and grime to build up on your roof, and to clean it you have to remove the deflector completely. I bought one and had it on for less than a week because of all the dirt that had built up already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
where can i get a set or wind deflectors from?
Ok, I have read your post. You want to buy a set of wind deflectors. I suggest you to contact with local gift shops. It is a place where you can easily buy the wind deflector. You also search on google.com. It is the big search engine that is capable to provide any type of information.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ok, I have read your post. You want to buy a set of wind deflectors. I suggest you to contact with local gift shops. It is a place where you can easily buy the wind deflector. You also search on google.com. It is the big search engine that is capable to provide any type of information.
This is an almost 6 year old thread. Being snippy is really not helpful or called for. Before you post make sure your reply is still relevant in context to the time elapsed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.