VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 03 beetle convertible, drivers side window goes down when you open the door and intermittently switch works to get window up. Also the fuel flap isn't working now.
Any ideas, looking at a new switch but are there any gremlins that may cause these faults

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
The windows having problems; is very common (especially on the convertibles), there can be electrical issues, window regulators going out, bad switches, wiring harness damage, comfort control module be bad, water ingress problems, incorrect used parts installed, causing things to stop working, etc. etc.

Do you have a VW scan tool, like VCDS by Ross Tech; to scan for trouble codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have a scanner, I was going to start with the window, motor I believe this has a module in it? Is this the comfort module
I have checked the wires as far as I can see they seem ok. Cable not broken on the flap release.
Ideally to save time and money wanted to start with switches, but doubt if window is a switch fault as it wouldn't make the window go down completely when the door is opened ??? How much is a ve scanner?

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
VW scan tool, range in price; vcds by ross tech @ $199, OBDEleven $65-$99 plus yearly sub and then the man “vag” scanners from $20 for a basic code reader to advanced featured types similar to what vcds can do?

Give us a budget range and we can go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts