NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm having an issue with the wife's '06 NBC. When we open the driver side door the window will not come down a quarter to half inch like it is supposed to, and thus makes it difficult to close the door. The passenger side works perfectly as it should.
I have found that if we use the key fob to unlock the door, then use the fob again to lock the door the window will function as it should, but not when you use the door handle.
When I start her car for her in the mornings I typically crack the window a bit a leave like that until she gets in to drive off and she can manually close the window with the switch inside.

Is this the beginning signs of a regulator issue? Shouldn't be too difficult I have done regulators before on my Corrado.

Thanks in advance,
Dom

·
Registered
153 Posts
I agree with Pencilneck, if the micro switch on the lock is gone as many do, the window does not know the door is open. Open the door and check that the interior light is coming on, if it is not it is certainly the switch at fault.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah looks like the interior light is in fact coming on when the door is open. Anything else I can check? I did find some threads on how to replace that micro switch but not 100% its the culprit. For what it's worth I also tried the electrical contact spray inside the locking mech, but that didn't help.

I also want to add to my initial description that when I put the key in the ignition and with the door still open the window will roll up on its own. It's like it doesn't know the door is still open.

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try rolling all windows down, up and down simultaneously (with the all windows switch).

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Is that some kind of reset? I will try it and report back. I also used the key in the door to roll down and roll up the windows and that worked also.

Thanks dom

·
Registered
9 Posts
NBC window regulators etc

Had my 2008 NBC in to have this fixed. Needed a new motor and switch.

But try this first, as shown to me by the mechanic, for resetting travel limits:

Put top down.

Press the all window down switch, let all windows go down, then press the same switch twice with windows down.

Raise windows with the ALL switch, then bump the switch twice (up this time)

He stated that if this didn't fix the auto down feature, something else is wrong.

Worth a try, and good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had my 2008 NBC in to have this fixed. Needed a new motor and switch.

But try this first, as shown to me by the mechanic, for resetting travel limits:

Put top down.

Press the all window down switch, let all windows go down, then press the same switch twice with windows down.

Raise windows with the ALL switch, then bump the switch twice (up this time)

He stated that if this didn't fix the auto down feature, something else is wrong.

Worth a try, and good luck!
I tried this today, but no luck. I did not have the car running when I was doing this, the key was in the ACC position and I had the drivers door closed.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Window reset attempt

Dom, the mechanic indicated to me that if this did not work then it was likely a switch and/or regulator issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fob makes window go down, then immediately back up

Spent the entire evening searching this forum and the internet in general but haven't found this problem. Driver's window just started acting up today. When you unlock the car using the fob, the window drops down for about a second, then rolls back up. It does this if you leave the door closed or if you open it. Pulling on the handle from the outside does not lower the window. Pulling the latch on the inside sometimes lowers the window, but you have to slightly push open the door for the window to go down. Passenger side goes down when you double click the remote and stays down until you close the door, i.e., functions as it should although when you open it from the outside using the latch, the window does not go down. I just got this car, an '07 last week and after reading all the problems these cars have, I'm wondering if I made a mistake. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just experienced the identical problem. However--It got worse.

The car now believes the door is permanently open. The door open chime will not stop, the headlight buzzer will not stop, the lock will not operate, and the top will not retract.

I have dissassemble the door to pull the lock mechanism to repair the micro-switches--but my window will not roll up--thus blocking the removal of the lock mechanism.

I am currently trying to figure out how to manually roll the window up.

Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I would finally close this issue out. The wife has been hassling me for a new car so I convinced her to hold off but I've gotta look at these nagging issues with her bug.

So found out why the drivers windows isn't operating correctly. Appears I'm missing the plastic peice in the micro switch.

I grabbed the pics from a video online but I didn't have that tiny plastic peice and the silicone boot that should cover it was tore up bad

So I guess the only fix is to replace the entire mech?

Thanks Dom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buttoned everything today and the window won't go all the way up. It stops about an inch from the top. Is there a auto up reset?

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
746 Posts
Buttoned everything today and the window won't go all the way up. It stops about an inch from the top. Is there a auto up reset?
Did you re-try the procedure that johnboi posted? I had to perform the same procedure after working on the windows of my daughter's car (regulator cable replacement).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yeah that procedure didn't work.

Is this door latch compatible with any other models, can I pick one up at my local salvage yard? I show PN#3B1837015AT from ecstuning.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replaced the lock actuator last week and the issue has been resolved. Everything now works with not problems. Picked up a genuine VW part off ebay for only $125. :D

Thanks All
Dom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts