NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
thinktank24
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have 2002 beetle
The passenger window has been used very little, recently i went to roll it down and it would only go half way down before stopping. Thankfully it will go back up ok.
It is not making any strange noises or anything, do you think it might just need lube? and if so how would i do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
I double lube will help. If the window is stopping while going down, then IMHO something is blocking it, or the module is confuses about how far down it should roll the window.

You can try unplugging the door control module for 10 seconds and then see if that resets it and allows the window to roll down all the way. Other wise, remove the regulator assembly and inspect for physical issues.

·
Registered
950 Posts
When it stops halfway, can you manually press the button to get it to go down the rest of the way or is it physically stopped?

I know from experience that after having the battery disconnected for service that my 98 wants me to roll down the windows fully and then back up again to set the start and stop. If I roll down only halfway and then back up the window will only go down half way from then on with the one touch up/down. I can press the button and hold to make it go up/down fully.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I agree with janitz, it sounds like the up/down limits were not relearned properly. The procedure is in the owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine, since it was the passenger side I never really cared. Once I finally took apart the door a piece of hard factory foam used in the door had come loose and fallen into the worst spot. I think it is supposed to be some type of joke excuse for impact protection. They are usually glued to outer door skin and my glue came off (go Arizona heat!).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
thinktank24
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Then pressing the switch all the way, as the window went down. It only went halfway again. but still went up ok

Ok just seen your reply Red99

I will have a look as you suggested. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts