VW Beetle Forum banner

Window Help

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hannaco 
#1 ·
The window fell down in mt daughters 98 NB. I have the door apart but can not get the inner pannel out until I raise the window. I need to get it up so the weather will not get to it until I can get it to the dealer. Any one know how to raise the window?

#2 ·
If there is any good news, it is that the repair should be free. VW extended the warranty on the windows.
Can you see the top edge of the glass? If you can, try this. Take some duct tape and stick it onto the side of the glass. Pull up gently, then run the tape up and over the top of the door, and stick it on the other side. Do this in a couple of places to keep the glass up.
Getting the duct tape down along the side of the glass is a real pain.

#4 ·
A rag placed between the tape and the paint keeps the sticky part off the paint.
The other option is drive with the window open to the dealer.
I didn't mind looking like I just came from the ghetto. The window was taped up, and the cold was kept outside.
It only took the dealer about three hours to put the new metal clips on both windows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.