NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fahrvergnugen!!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened, yesterday. I noticed when the driver side window pops down when I unlock, the glass edge is scraping the quarter window, and when I shut it, it is slightly overlapping it but not to where I can't close it. Anyone get this issue?

I figure they can just realign the glass to behave properly lol...whip it into shape

pix were hard to do but -
shows the glass overlapped slightly, it does scrape edges along each other to close and open.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! <--clicky for piccie

·
V-Dub lover since 1968
12 Posts
Just happened, yesterday. I noticed when the driver side window pops down when I unlock, the glass edge is scraping the quarter window, and when I shut it, it is slightly overlapping it but not to where I can't close it. Anyone get this issue?

I figure they can just realign the glass to behave properly lol...whip it into shape

pix were hard to do but -
shows the glass overlapped slightly, it does scrape edges along each other to close and open.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! <--clicky for piccie
Hi Buslady,
I just experienced the exact same issue on my "13" TDI and got it resolved yesterday at the dealer. The service tech told me that there is a technical bulletin that states that WV omitted lock-tight on the bolts that hold the glass tight. They took them out, added lock-tight and readjusted the glass. So far so good!

·
June Bug 55
3 Posts
Same issue

I have had the same issue. My issue occurred after the second day I bought my care last June. I don't mean to sound negative but 8 months later I am still dealing with window issues. I am taking it back to the dealership in the morning for the 8th or 9th trip. It sounds like the two others that replied before me had better luck so lets hope yours is just that easy as well!

Since VW adjusted my window the window leaks every time I wash my car and water get's inside. It is probably poor quality technician work not re-aligning the windows correctly (they did take care of the initial issue of the window bumping and not closing right), I am not sure what the hang up is. They have replaced multiple gaskets and all of the lining around the whole edge of the convertible so I am not sure what else is left to do, but I am sure they will come up with something.

Here is to quality work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2013 Beetle has started to develop this on the driver's side window. I've found that I can push it back into place, but it slowly moves back after being opened and shut a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts