NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
nikkilaff
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 beetle passenger side window motor is slow. the window will get stuck halfway going up and just stop. takes forever to warm it up and get the window up or i have to pull it up manually with my hands. the automatic lock on that side also doesnt work and gets stuck in the locked position. anyone have similar issues or advice? thanks!

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
I would disassemble the window regulaor; remove rhe windiw from the clamps, then move the window by hand and see if there is any binding. If it has no binding issues; you are left with the regulator or the motor itself. In mu experience; right before a window regulator fails, it will bind and then, rhe cable will fall off the pulleys and roll up, totally fail, requiring total replacement or install a repair kit.

I recommend sticking with genuine vw parts, they seem to be the best quality and the repair kits, is rhe most cost effective solution but do require installation, which can be a bit of a challenge.

You could test the window motor by itself and see if it is dying but in my repair experience, it is usually the regulators. Anything is possible; so, test everything to be sure.

Here is a diy; of the repair process.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=61DXWqudOKHYjwSF_KX4DA&q=new+beetle+door+regulator+diy&oq=new+beetle+door+regulator+diy&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..35i39.18443.41383..42477...0....260.855.4j2j1..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-serp.gKZjWwi31QM=

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
regulator

Most likely it's the regulator it's a common issue with these cars. Mine is bad too it moves normal half way then slows bad at the top. I opened the paneling while troubleshooting another issue an notice the regulator's plastic guides where broke. It's in my "TO DO LIST" for the near future or next winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts