VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, you helped me before and I hope you would do it again :D.
Is it possible (and how) to adjust how low the window panel drops when opening the door ?
Here is the problem : When opening the drive-side door, the window panel drops, but not enough to clear the upper front groove in the canvas. Therefore, when closing the door, the panel does slide upward, as it should, but towards the outside the canvas groove and completely misses to seal properly. Thank you for you for your suggestion.

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Windshield

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Car

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Unfortunately you have 2004 convertible.

To answer your question, yes there are many adjustments to the window and the 2003/2004 had all sorts of issues where the glass would come loose from the window clamps.

In 2005 they changed the window design and a lot of improvements and changes were implemented.

Also the door latches also have issues that cause the windows not drop or pop back up when the door is open.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfoj, thank you for your reply. O.K. then, will try to adjust the window before the winter comes.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
So here are a few things to consider, do you know the FULL history on this car??

My 2003 had SO many window problems, the dealer updated my car to 2005 window motors/regulators. So I have to be careful when ordering parts and using the manuals.

Do your windows drop down when the keyfob is used to unlock the door(s)? If so, check to see if your car has 2005 motors/regulators in it.

But assuming you have the 2003/2004 motors/regulators, then I think this will be helpful? I also recall the window coming loose from the front clamp and rising too high and then the window would not drop low enough in the door.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts