NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I have a window problem or a door-closing problem. I hope someone can help!

First, the window on the driver's side is not going down a bit when I start to open the door like it used to, nor is it going back up if you shut the door. A few weeks ago it started to spaz out on me (going up and down a bit while I was driving down the road). It finally stopped that, but now it won't do the automatic thing to let the window go up under the liner groove.

So I drive around with the window down a bit. For now.

Also, when I start driving, and I hit a bump or something in the road, my door open alarm starts binging and I have to open and slam the door shut to get it to stop. I try to do this only when I'm stopped :rolleyes:

I also have a problem with the right turn signal going too fast. I've taken all the lights out and put back in (they all work fine) and still the fast signal happens.

Is this all electrical and time to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks for any help you can give me! I just got my bug a year ago, bought used, and it's been nothing but wonderful.

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Yes, u have software...:rolleyes: :D

This is the deal; on the '03 and '04's, when you use the key to open the door, the window only drops when u pull on the handle and only a tiny bit.

On the '05's when u press the key the windows go down about 2 inches BEFORE u even open the door, very cool...:cool: ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts