NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2004 NB convertible , you know the function that allows the window to drop a little so that the door will open an shut, well it doesn't work anymore and I was wondering if it could be a fuse? When I go to open the top with the release latch in the roof, all four Windows drop down like they are supposed to , so I don't know if it's a relay or a fuse is blown? Thanks for any advice!!! Rock on

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
A common problem, is the door latch fails; the microswitches break, solder joints crack or there is a mechanical issue with it and so, the comfort control module, doesn't know when the door is open or closed. If you have a VW scan tool; like VCDS by Ross Tech, a failed door lock module, will typically throw a vw factory trouble code.

Here is a diy; going over the replacement process for the window regulator and door lock module, so you can see what is involved.

Also, you might try resetting the windows; this may or may not work, if there is a problem with the window lock module, comfort control module or window regulators: Window auto up/down problem

Scan for codes and let us know; what you find. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts