NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keep the Faith
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver side window started acting up yesterday afternoon. when i rolled up the window, it went up fine until about 3/4 of the way. it kinda stopped then i had to push it up so it would fully close. any idea why? i'm going to call the dealership tomorrow to have it checked but i want to have an idea on what might be wrong with it.

cleveland members, do you guys recommend any dealership in greater cleveland? count north olmsted out, pls. i had an awful experience with them.

:(

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
It sounds like failing window regulators. VW extended the warranty on all MkIVs, and we are getting them replaced on our 1999.5 Jetta as I post this.:p Anyway, they were problematic on earlier Bugs, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting your dealer to replace them at no charge.

·
Keep the Faith
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaptainXeroid said:
It sounds like failing window regulators. VW extended the warranty on all MkIVs, and we are getting them replaced on our 1999.5 Jetta as I post this.:p Anyway, they were problematic on earlier Bugs, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting your dealer to replace them at no charge.

*sigh* i had a feeling it was the window regulator but i just wanted to be sure. thank you much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts