VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 99 beetle driver side window switch is acting up I think!?!?!? The passenger side works fine. But the driver door not so much I took the switch out and realized that if I plug the driver side into passenger one the window goes down only without pushing switch. If I plug back into its right location a can push to make go up but not down it's just opposite with the pass window. It was my way to see if it was a bad switch but it's like one will make it go down and the other goes up. Are the switches bad or is there another problem???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the pass side works of its own switch fine. But the driver door switch for the pass only will roll it down not up. Now the switch for the driver door will not roll the driver window down. If I plug the driver window to the driver door switch for pass it will go down but not up. And if put the pass on driver switch it will go up. It's like one switch on driver door works up only function and the other is down only function. The pass door switch for the pass door window works fine both ways. Is the switches in the driver door just bad???

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use a voltmeter to see if it is getting power to the motor when you turn the switch up or down. I would think that doing this would tell you al lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts