• junk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bugman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I went to a friends wedding with my wife. when we got to the reception place, I parked the car and my wife desides to operate the window down and all I heard was some plastic braqkind and the window was speading down. She stopped but it was too late. I had to do the classic duct tape hold up window fix. I started to look for parts and the prices where anything between 139.00 to 150.00 for assembly without the motor. I pulled the whole thing appart and found the cable to be of the pulley and was damage beyond repair. So I look for a kit instead of the whole thing. There are several places including ebay where they have this kit. It only cost me 63.00 and i got it fixed in a couple of hours. After i was done i took some picture to share with you. It's not that hard at all and chances are your window motor will be fine. I was sure glad to realized this. As you can see I didn't put step by step, it's more like a general idea of what to encounter when doing the window regulator.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
I don't have to worry about it. I <3 manual windows :D

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
Great Job

Hi first off thanks for posting such a great resource for all of us to see. Second the kit you bought to replace was it metal instead of plastic? I saw a link in a thread here for a repair kit that was all metal instead of plastic so that the stuff wont grind and break. This seems to be another one of the NB problems. MY drivers window will not operate? It is stuck down, and now that I know how to get it off I will take a look and see what is broken or at least try to. Thanks again for the great pictures, you are the best...

Thanks
Marc
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
How long have you owned this car? There has been a recall out on this for years and dealers have been fixing this for free. A couple years ago my local dealer fixed both my windows for no charge.

-jeffrey

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
they don't always fix it for free and some will weasel out of it..im going to put my windows halfway down and just force it down to break the clips :D they will only replace if they are broke in the first place..why not

·
Bugman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
regulator material

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I own the car for a little over 5 months now. it's a 2000 model and the previous owner did not do any maintenance on the vehicle for the first 79000 miles. The part that i put in was plastic and when i installed it, it goes in tight. I don't think it should be a problem but if i see anything i will definetly put in on the web for all to see. Also don't be afraid to ask for any help. With prices up on almost anything in the market, at least we have eachother to help us get thru anything we are up against. My actual forte is Aircooled VW beetle, and I am currently finishing a 64 project. But since I got a new Beetle I am diving in to learn it as I go. IT also does help having a OBD II reader for codes.

Here is the link where i bought the kit
http://www.carpartswholesale.com/wholesale/window/volkswagen-beetle-9491312.html

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts