NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my window down and when I started to put it up, I heard what sounded like glass breaking and it wouldn't go up. I have read and heard it might be the regulator.......
Has anyone had this happen?
Does anyone have directions for fixing it?
Any idea how much someone would charge to fix it?
.......2000 Beetle...

Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
It is the regulator. It happened to me on Christmas say, 2010. It cost me under $300 to fix it, surely the labor is most of the cost. I'm no mechanic, so I had to pay.

The regulators became an extended warranty item, but only for 7 years. We were both out of the warranty. :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Third Window Regulator!!! - 2005 NBC

Just replaced the window regulator in the rear driver window ($480); it had already been replaced in 2007 (warranty). My front passenger window was "repaired" in 2009 with "bonding" ($285). When this problem first appeared in 2007, the service advisor told me it was a known problem but VW would only replace what was actually broken.

When I picked up my car today, the service advisor told me there had been no campaigns for this problem and that it was due to the humidity in Florida!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
window regulator kit 2005 beetle convertible

I just had the window regulator kit on the driver side rear window replaced on my 2005 beetle. I did submit a complaint to the the website referred to on this forum, I also called VW customer service. She took all my information and said she would refer it to a regional manager and they would get back to me by Tuesday afternoon. I doubt they will do anything, but at least I feel better that I tried. It was also good news that the entire window assembly didn't need to be replaced at twice the cost of the kit. The VW representative was very nice, but I don't know how much she can do. I guess the chance of the other windows going down is pretty good. I have my fingers crossed. Maybe if enough people call in and report this, something will be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts