NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Beetle lovers :D

The switch for the passenger window is the culprit for the mystery here.

I just bought Mrs Beetle, and at test drive, found that the switch for the passenger window located on the driver's door panel doesn't work. I reached over and tested the switch on the passenger's door, which works fine.

Began to research replacing the switch on the driver's door.

Then I discovered a box for a new switch, with a badly chipped up old switch inside, left in the glove box. Hum. :confused:

I continued to research replacing the switch on the driver's door; however, then (interestingly) when fiddling with the switch yet once again, and it was quiet this time, I could hear it "clicking" over on the passenger door. This takes the whole problem into a new realm, doesn't it?

Here you are experts, yet another mystery to solve! :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Does the master switch on the drivers side control the passenger window?

Does the key in the drivers door lock control all the windows up or down?

Unfortunately I think there may be electronics built into the drivers window motor that controls things like the mirrors, door locks and windows. So you may not have a basic switch problem??

But I have also seen a lot of strange problems resolved by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so. Worth a try is the price is right!

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the master switch on the drivers side control the passenger window?

Does the key in the drivers door lock control all the windows up or down?

Unfortunately I think there may be electronics built into the drivers window motor that controls things like the mirrors, door locks and windows. So you may not have a basic switch problem??

But I have also seen a lot of strange problems resolved by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so. Worth a try is the price is right!
The plot thickens!

The Master switches on the driver's door controls all the windows up or down; however, for only the passenger window, it makes a click sound in the passenger door and the window doesn't respond.

The key in the driver's door does control all windows up and down :)

This problem existed before and after the battery was disconnected for 30 minutes.

I'll stay tuned! :D:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts