NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member since 2000
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My windows are tinted on my car already, but I think when I got them done a while back they ripped me off:mad:and I paid about $300.00 to have them done and they aren't very dark.I want to have them redone and I want them dark! Is there a window tinting place in Metro GA area that is recommended? The place I went to was on Riverdale Rd.(HWY 85) (I don't want to say the name of the place). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:cool:

Christine

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I recommend the place on Cobb Parkway near the Mazda dealership - $280 for lifetime warranty Llumar tint.

They're the only place I'd trust to do the Beetle back window.. they can do it one piece.

I'll post the number later or search by tinting and Marietta...

·
Member since 2000
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool thanks!:cool: My back window tints are starting to bubble!:mad: I can look up the number to the place! Thanks!:D

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I still haven't looked up the number.. but, the Llumar tint is metallic (but tasteful) and has a lifetime warranty which is honored at their nationwide network of distributors. It is definitely worth the $280 that quoted me a few months ago.

I'm hoping to get it done this spring.

·
Member since 2000
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I want to wait until it gets warmer out. This weather we are having now is very unpredictable:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
CyberGrnBug01 said:
Ok cool thanks!:cool: My back window tints are starting to bubble!:mad: I can look up the number to the place! Thanks!:D
Let me know how yours turn out. My rear window has a few bubbles, plus it distorts the view when looking thru the defroster lines. Is everyone's like this? Mine were tinted before I adopted it.

Bob

·
Too Many Dubs....
160 Posts
Its tough to find someone to get to do one of these cars. If someone gives you a good price(like 120 bux), they never did one before..LOL...
If they cant do it in one peice, shop around. It takes a long time with a heatgun, but if they know what they are doing they can do it in a single sheet...

·
Too Many Dubs....
160 Posts
50 bux a car? Come on down. My beetle is done, but my 93 Mustang coupe and my 92 Golf needs redone. Hell, for 50 bux go ahead and do my racecar 86 GTI. Hey, the tint on my truck doesnt match(bought it that way). You can do that too while you're here :)

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
my-blue-beetle said:
wow 300 for tint drive to Florida ill do it for 50 bucks , I just tinted my beetle with 5% llumar back panel one piece, fixing to put another coat on I like it dark I have too much stereo and dvd in my car to let people see in, there are a few great places in Macon if you feel like driving,
Uhm... all I can say is refer to the post prior to this one. :)

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Hey, I finally looked it up:

Formula One Window Tinting
(770) 427-6890
(770) 424-8225
(770) 643-1488
986 Cobb Pkwy S
Marietta, GA 30060

They are also called Custom Sun Control and do residential/business applications too.

They've been in business at the same location since 1982 - if that doesn't say something about their quality in such a fly-by-night business as auto window tinting, I don't know what does. :)

I can remember my dad getting his 1984 Mazda GLX and our 1988 Mitsubishi Loaf-o-bread van tinted there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts