NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2007 NB Convertible (Triple White) for a year this month, and I have an issue with the Driver side window squeaking/squeeling almost so loudly that it sounds like nails on a chalkboard. The passenger side window does this a little, but the problem child is my driver's side. :(
Please tell me there is a fix for this I can do myself or where to take it to get fixed without paying so much... VW Dealership or a local body repair shop ??
It's a GREAT car & I have fun/love driving it! It's my first VW & Beetle. I need to fix this issue before it drives me crazy!!!! Thanks! :)

·
Yeah its yellow. So what?
107 Posts
My hard top does the same thing on the driver side as well... I've noticed it's much more pronounced after it rains, but goes away after awhile... My assumption is that the rubber seal on the outside of the door sticks to the glass a bit and folds down to squeak along the window while it's going down... Haven't quite solved mine yet but I figured I would start you down a possible path... Temporarily, when I hear it, I pull the window towards me while it goes down and the rubber seal doesn't rub along it. Try that to see if that narrows down your problem at all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts