NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the windows in my wifes 03 beetle quit working,including the sun roof.I have checked all the fuses didnt find any burnt.none of the switches work.I checked the driver door switch and it is recieving voltage.I dont think all the window motors could be bad.dont know where else to look.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
There are two things common to both of these components, the Door Locking Module [F220], in as much as your key, turned in this unit closes both the sunroof and windows, and the Central Control Module for the Comfort System [J393]

You must understand, that when you say there is power to the switch, determines little. The circuitry is not nearly as simple as (+) - Switch - Motor - (-) (if that simple line diagram makes any sense).

I'm assuming you key (in the exterior door cylinder) won't operate the windows or sunroof either. I don't think you are going to be able to do any further diagnosis without use of Vag equipment to diagnose the CCM.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I believe the reality of your issue.

M.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Geeez... it's a bitch being invisible...

There are no external relays in the circuits. If there are any relays, they are within the Central Control Module. Non-serviceable. The windows have a circuit breaker and the sunroof has a fuse. They are independent of one anaother, and since neither component (windows and sunroof) are operating...

As said, Vag equipment to check the CCM. Process of elimination. If it were an interior switch, 3 of them? But then the exterior key switch should still work, if it were a motor, 3 of them? You could always tear apart the door, tear apart the LCM (lock conrtol module), and then visually confirm it is not a micro-switch problem. Truthfully I have never heard of the sunroof failing in conjunction with the windows, and the CCM is really the only common denominator. While the top can be operated from the door switch, I'm not aware of it's operation being dependent on a signal coming from the door, so I'm discounting the LCM or the wiring harness where it leaves the door and enters the body (although wire breakage here is not uncommon).

M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts