NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, After taking a rock to the head my Beetle's windshield's appearance is quickly dissipating and I think it might be time for a new winshield before too long :( Does anybody know roughly how much one of these babies cost? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Bob said:
Hey guys, After taking a rock to the head my Beetle's windshield's appearance is quickly dissipating and I think it might be time for a new winshield before too long :( Does anybody know roughly how much one of these babies cost? :confused:
About $250 here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had mine replaced at the dealership's autobody place. My cost was only $200 CDN, (insurance, specifically Autopac). I did see the cost they were charging the insurance co. It was about $550 installed, give or take 10 bucks.

This was in Winnipeg, MB. Dealership is Autohaus VW.

Hope this helps!

·
Chinadian Bugger
35 Posts
I was quoted $350 at Speedy Auto Glass.

Irony: Irony is getting 2 large rock chips from the auto glass repair van that you were following on the Deerfoot...:mad:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
wa-whoa......hunting accident? please expand...
I'll take a pic for ya. Sorry for the lack of details. We have chunks of asphalt kicked up at us on the freeway all the time (at whatever revs 18 wheeler tires spin at) due to our disintegrating roads and when they hit they basically look like a bullethole. It's a common saying around here in Toronto. I'm ok though :)

I really miss driving in the USA. When I was driving back from Utah a couple of years ago all I can remember (besides all the friendly people and awesome food) is how wicked the roads are: In Kansas where one of my friends lives I don't think I remember hearing a single stone hit the windshield.

·
Magic
22 Posts
It varies

It depends on the type of windshield and for what model of Beetle. I have a Turbo S and I just had the windshield replaced by Apple Auto Glass. It only cost me the $200 deductible but I got a copy of the invoice and the cost to the insurance company was about $550. Which together with my deductible the windshield was $750.00. Rediculous if you ask me. Oh, I live in British Columbia on Vancouver Island.
Then I got another chip in the windshield about a month and a half later. Got it filled but its right in front of my line of vision, DANG! Have to wait awhile to get the insurance company to spring for another one.

·
Μολλων Λα&
90 Posts
I was looking for prices on replacing the windshield in a 06 NBC when I came accross this thread... Was driving today and a huge piece of asphalt hit the center of the front windshield. Dead center! 6 inches long crack right there infront of my eyes, out of nowhere... Shpoop... Anyone had to replace one in a convertible? I keep a high deductible to keep tue cost down here in CA (thanks to you Pelosi) should this be a dealer install or any auto glass store could do it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cracked windshield on my 2001 beetle. I just acquired a 1999 donor vehicle with a perfect windshield. What is the process for removal and installation? Can a DIY guy do this at home?
Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts