VW Beetle Forum banner

Windshield Replacement

19K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Schifference 
#1 ·
Hey guys, After taking a rock to the head my Beetle's windshield's appearance is quickly dissipating and I think it might be time for a new winshield before too long :( Does anybody know roughly how much one of these babies cost? :confused:

#3 ·
Just had mine replaced at the dealership's autobody place. My cost was only $200 CDN, (insurance, specifically Autopac). I did see the cost they were charging the insurance co. It was about $550 installed, give or take 10 bucks.

This was in Winnipeg, MB. Dealership is Autohaus VW.

Hope this helps!

#12 ·
It varies

It depends on the type of windshield and for what model of Beetle. I have a Turbo S and I just had the windshield replaced by Apple Auto Glass. It only cost me the $200 deductible but I got a copy of the invoice and the cost to the insurance company was about $550. Which together with my deductible the windshield was $750.00. Rediculous if you ask me. Oh, I live in British Columbia on Vancouver Island.
Then I got another chip in the windshield about a month and a half later. Got it filled but its right in front of my line of vision, DANG! Have to wait awhile to get the insurance company to spring for another one.

#13 ·
I was looking for prices on replacing the windshield in a 06 NBC when I came accross this thread... Was driving today and a huge piece of asphalt hit the center of the front windshield. Dead center! 6 inches long crack right there infront of my eyes, out of nowhere... Shpoop... Anyone had to replace one in a convertible? I keep a high deductible to keep tue cost down here in CA (thanks to you Pelosi) should this be a dealer install or any auto glass store could do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.