NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the best improvement appearance wise that can be made to a NB besides a nice set of rims/tires is a wing. Before I go out and purchase one, let's see what everyone has on their cars. From the easy on the budget to the more than we would all like to spend wings, show em' off.:D

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon people, all I wanted to see was the butt (uh, it is okay to say butt isn't it?) of your car.:p

·
Car has another home
111 Posts
This style is from Mexico, it uses the brake light hole to mount and you put the factory brake light in it. I liked it for the way it stands off the body.

·
Registered
404 Posts
ATS Designs No Drill Spoiler:

Put it on this past Sunday, took a little doing, and I had to sue silicone to seal the trunk because the pervious owner didn't send a part, but it looks great! VERY bright at night too, a nicley mild little wing.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for posting your wing (uh butt) pics :bowdown:

Slug, I like yours the best so far. Do you have any pics of it from the back, and who makes it?

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
IgottaBug! said:
Thank you all for posting your wing (uh butt) pics :bowdown:

Slug, I like yours the best so far. Do you have any pics of it from the back, and who makes it?
I'm with you on that...i really like that wing. Wouldn't mind seeing it from different angles.

John

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I used to have that spoiler, but since a lot of guys have it in MExico I changed to the wings West 3 piece here are some pics of both:

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
The Mexican one is made by airdesign (airdesign.com.mx)
the second is Wings West 3 piece spoiler...

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pulgamovil said:
I used to have that spoiler, but since a lot of guys have it in MExico I changed to the wings West 3 piece here are some pics of both:
Thank you. I went to the website, but unfortunately I couldn't get a price off it. I'll have to send them an email. I like the Wings West wing too, but the airdesign wing looks sportier. I can't blame you though, I like to be different as well. Luckily for me, not a lot of guys drive NB's where I live. My friends still scratch their heads when they look at mine.:rolleyes:

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
My rear balane is also Airdesign, I think the spoiler is now around 140-160 USD$ and the rear balance is 160-170, both are made in urethane the spoiler is very strong urethane almost like hard plastic.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Foway, whose car is that with the huge wing? Do you know if it's functional? I'm looking for more function than looks, because as it is when I pass a semi doing 80+ my car sometimes gets shaken so hard that it feels like I'm going to lose traction.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Slug said:
OMG, It looks home made, or at least the deck mounting!
Aside of the obvious "ugly". I even wonder if it works as a wing, it looks it should work if placed on an horizontal surface but in that position is seems pretty useless. :confused:

Anyway, my suggestion: go mild. I have a ATS Designs No Drill Spoiler and I could not be happier, I feel it is the right balance of esthetics and functionality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts