VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK only, sorry.

For sale Winter wheel/tyre set, genuine virtually new VW 17" alloys with new (160 miles only) Goodyear Ultra Grip 8 winter tyres.

I have always bought winter wheel/tyres, for all my cars since 2008, as the benefit of having them has been well worth it, to keep me going when the weather gets bad. However, as I sold my 2013 VW Beetle Sport TDi last October, I nolonger need this winter wheel set.

I bought some virtually brand new genuine VW 17" alloys from a friend, who bought a new VW Passat and then fitted larger alloys and tyres. They are compatible with the 2012 + VW Beetle and fitted Goodyear Ultra Grip 8 winter tyres to them. The standard wheel setup I had on my Beetle, was the 19" Tornado, so I ensured that the tyres I bought were the correct rolling circumference to match the 19" ones. They are 225/55 R17 101 V.

The tyre have been little used, 100 miles and they all still have a tread depth of almost 9mm. The wheels are in excellent condition, with no curbing. One of them has a manufacturing flaw and one has a scratch at the rear of the wheel, when the tyre fitter was doing the wheel balance, applied a weight in the wrong place, then removed it with a screw driver! :-( this can't be seen when fitted to the car and the flaw is very minor, it can barely be seen.

I have tried to show this in the photos, as I want describe them as best as I can.

They are a very nice wheel and as a winter wheel setup, they suit the Beetle very nicely.

I paid £750 for the alloys and £640 for the tyres.

Grab a bargain for basically a virtually new set of winter wheels and tyres.
£675 ovno.

The only thing I can't do is post them, as they are big and heavy, so will need to be collected, from Didcot, South Oxfordshire. I maybe able meet or delivery upto 50 miles. Contact me if your interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price reduced.

Before I remove the winter tyres and sell alloys with original tyres summer tyres (which I know will go fairly easy), I'll try a price drop.

As above but price is now £550 collected.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,413 Posts
I would put these in the classifieds section.

Also, you might try more local sale avenues. Not very many UK members here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts