NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2001 1.8T that I bought about 9 months ago. Let me start by saying your community has been very helpful. I'm a firm believer in searching for answers thoroughly before bothering people with a problem, but I can NOT find the answer to this.

My Beetle developed a coolant leak that forced me to park it. Thanks to instructions found here, I was able to pull the bumper/fenders and check out the radiator (found out it was a small crack in the upper driver's side radiator elbow where the hose attaches).

While I had it apart, I decided to check everything else as well. Apparently, the previous owner did some work in the engine bay and wasn't very thorough in his reassembly. The wire to the hood latch sensor is almost chewed in half by the fans because it wasn't secured properly.

Then I found the wire from the after-run water pump, chewed completely in two. It took hours to even figure out what the pump was so I could try tracking down where the other end of that wire should go, but I can't find any diagrams or pictures to help me out. Obviously, I would like to have the after-run pump work properly. The only thing I can think of is to run extra wire lengths from the plug wire on the pump to wherever the other end of that wire is, but I can't find that anywhere. Does anyone have a picture of where this wire goes, or a good description at least?

Thanks for your time. Sorry I'm wordy, bad habit. :)

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I found it. I feel like a bit of an idiot, though. :)

For anyone else that comes across this thread later, if anyone does ever actually have that problem, the wires from the after-run coolant pump (sometimes called the auxiliary water pump) are run through the same wire coil as the hood latch sensor.

I started fixing the hood latch sensor wires and noticed two more wires down in the plastic coil. I kept thinking, "Why does a hood latch sensor need 4 wires...?" :eek:

Needless to say I put two and two together. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts