NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i buy a wire harness and a car kit to install my new dvd player? or does anyone have one i can buy?

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know where i can just buy the harness. i can get the adapter for less than 10 on ebay.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
angelusnhc said:
do you know where i can just buy the harness. i can get the adapter for less than 10 on ebay.
I am not sure if you do need an harness :confused: . I thought (see my ignorance here) that the din format would standardize the dimensions of the radio (dvd in our case) as well as the positions of screws and bolts. The problem, would be connecting the cables (and there the TVA adaptor, or the one you founf on E-Bay would fix the problem).

You are lucky you can actunally install those things, here in CA every display that is not a GPS unit is not allowed :(

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I think you might be talking about two different things, neko. A "harness" is an adapter for the "cables"... not for the physical mounting of the hardware.

crutchfield.com has a couple of harness adapters... and they're quite a reputable seller... if you have any problems at all, they'll both talk you through it over the phone and/or replace the part if it's wrong, broken, etc.

There should be an adapter specifically for the Clarion-style connectors to VW connectors. And Crutchfield's adapters are proven to deal well with the K-wire... I would be leary of using a no-name adapter off of eBay due to the whole K-wire issue.

You'll also probably need an adapter for the antenna adapter. I think Crutchfield sells those, too (and might be included in the package with the harness adapter)... or there's a member here on the org that's selling those.

As for the physical mounting, neko's correct there... TVA has the surround adapters to cover up the rounded ends of the factory headunit. Crutchfield sells those, too. Look for the one you like best.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Yeah, I did misunderstood it. For me "harness " was "an arrangement of straps for fastening something to a person's body, such as a parachute, or for restraining a young child" and from there I got "it must be the fixture to attach the unit into the slot" :) :) :) I'm sorry, I beg forgiveness in consideration that English is my second language (It was pretty obvious from my posts, wasn't it ?) :D :D

Aside of this, angelusnhc, do you plan to put the pictures of the process on the site ? I'm curios to see how the DVD palyer looks at the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts