NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anything important in the top plug on the back of the radio? The wiring harness I have only uses the two bottom ones. What are the top ones used for?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay, let me clarify this. Going into the factory radio in the back on the side closest to the steering wheel is a bundle of wires which terminate into three plugs. The bottom of these plugs is black, the middle is brown, the top is three colors and looks like three small plugs connected together. This tri-color plug is the one I am interested in. Since the wiring harness adapter thingee I bought to connect to my new radio only fits the brown and black ones. Am I to assume that the top three-color plug is unimportant? That's all I really need to know. Thanks.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
The plug that is not beign used by the harness is the one going to the changer. Even if you do not have a changer install the cable is already there for a simple hook up in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the reply. I saw something on top of the factory radio that said AC and in my paranoia I thought it might have something to do with the air conditioning.:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts