VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i tried the battery disconnect and it worked ....this time hope it dont happen again I hate resetting the stereo thanks for the quick replys guy nice toi know there are people who still have a guys back THANX AGAIN ALL OF YOU I eddited this as I should have checked out the topic first but i get excited and bam im off anyway i see its not uncommon for this occurance m got a few tings i `can try before it costs me $$ so wish me luck

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
There maybe a couple of issues going on; i would start with a scan for trouble codes with a scan tool, preferably a vw type, like vcds.

A immo issue, will typically will throw a trouble code and the immo light in the speedo cluster will blink.

A hard start with a freshly filled up gas tank; can be caused by evap issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for such a quick reply
i was sall over the internet last night looking for an easy hack to this other than a battery disconnect its gonna cost me i wanna delete the Immo i dont worry about the security of my car i dont even have to lock my house at night i cant rememer the last time i locked it up for anything. as for the fuel i only put ten bucks in it soon as it warms up a little im gona try

·
5/23/10 <3
11,644 Posts
Are you getting the immobilizer light flashing?

Reactions: billymade

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you scan for trouble codes and have you acquired a VW scan tool, yet?
no i dont have a scan tool im a poor boy and didnt know the expense of owning a NB so i have to do things myself or cheaply but now that Im have it i really love the damn thing ( not a vw thing rg.tm.) lol
but i know with that type of tool you cant go cheap. i feel somewhat lucky I got it cheap and considering the milage 175 thousand it runs like a scalded dog.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

The VCDS system by Ross-tech is hands down the best system for your vw to do all kinds of things. The $199 version works great. You buy the cable and download the program to your laptop (windows). Most proprietary systems for car manufactures run into the thousands of dollars and then require a monthly subscription on top of that for updates. VCDS updates are free. If you own a VW you NEED one of these.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
X2 on the vcds recommendation; first you need to diagnose the problem correctly, see if the immobilizer is actually a problem (immo light will flash and a trouble code will be thrown; something like vcds, would help diag of immo system).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello there I have a 2003 VW turbo convertible and I was having the same problem with mine. We went threw the whole car and it turned out to be a loose screw on top of the battery connections you could get a voltage tester and test each connections. It took us 2 months working on her every weekend to finally find the problem. Mine would stay started for about 14 mine then the voltage on the the battery would just go down then die. The battery is suppose to stay at 13 to 14 volts. Hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.