NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, this is getting some attention over on FB, so thought I would bring it back to the Org.

South American group have been organizing this World Wide Event for a number of years.

Just thought it would be cool to get more folks participating.

Here is a link to the main website: WORLD-WIDE VW BEETLE DAY-English-By Alexander Gromow

Thought it would be cool if everyone can printout one of the Event signs from the website, put it in your Beetle on June 22nd, and post a pic here on the Org.

Let's have some fun with it. Cheers :wave3:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started out as this, but don't see any reason why the watercooled cousins can't play. We're all Beetles :wink:

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Huh?

What's the collective?

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I posted the same comment on FB, but I left out the sad fact that many air-cooled owners don't acknowledge that our cars are Beetles as well. If you say something like that on the Collective, some mods think you're trying to start a flame war. :rolleyes:
Pat, never mind what some of them air-cooled folk think. Enjoy world beetle day my good man, as I will do:)

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pat, I just thought this would be fun to do. I'm doing it, hope others will join in.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
... many air-cooled owners don't acknowledge that our cars are Beetles ...
Who cares what many air-cooled owners say or think much less acknowledge? I've owned both and I say our cars are Beetles so I'm right and they're wrong. Volkswagen also says our cars are Beetles and, if anyone, they would know.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Who cares what many air-cooled owners say or think much less acknowledge? I've owned both and I say our cars are Beetles so I'm right and they're wrong. Volkswagen also says our cars are Beetles and, if anyone, they would know.
Well said.
Case closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts