Discussion Starter #1
I got my OBDII reader and gave it a workout. I came up with the following:

P1636 - missing message from airbag controller
P0300 - random multiple cylinder misfire
P0301 - cylinder 1 misfire
P0302 - cylinder 2 misfire
P0411 - secondary air injection incorrect flow
J386 - door control module drivers side

Presently I plan to check the secondary air injector pump hoses and the pump itself for leaks. Like others have had happen, the pump spools up like a turbine for a few seconds and stops. I wonder if the P0411 is causing the CEL to come on and stay on, also giving me these codes. If not then plugs,leads, and possible coil in my future. What is odd is that the car runs fine.

My car is a convertible and the stupid alarm goes off only when the top is up, go figure. I wonder if the J386 is the culprit? I'd hate to have to start replacing switches as the console and windshield frame do not look like fun to mess with.

Has anyone else run into this situation before with the engine related codes? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It is possible. Those 2 misfire codes on the other two cylinders could also cause the multiple misfire code P O300. Write down codes, which you have already done. Then clear all the codes,and as soon as that check engine light comes back on,see which code comes back first. You can even drive it 2 times after you clear the codes,and see which codes are pending before the light pops up.;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts