VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 VW Beetle. I think the color is called vapor blue. It looks silver, but with the right lighting, you can see a blue tint to it.

Anyway...

I'm a Transformers fan. More so for Decepticons than Autobots. I know that the G1 Bumblebee was a VW Beetle, but would it be kosher to put a Decepticon logo some place on my Beetle? With Google searching I had seen only 2 Beetles with Decepticon logos posted in some forums (can't recall if it was on this site or not), but nobody was making any comments on the Decepticon logo being on a Beetle.

Oh and I'm also new here. Hello. :p

·
Registered
307 Posts
its your beetle put what you want on it.

that being said if it were me doing it I would try and get a vinyl wrap of some type that way if you didn't like it the removal process and eventual resale of the car would not as bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As much as I wouldn't mind a full-car vinyl, it is a used Beetle with a few dings here and there. Not too bad. Plus I work retail... trying to do just small things to "make it my own", with a few special things.

Maybe when/if I get a new Beetle some day, I'll go for a full-car vinyl.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the work on that '99 Beetle, although I wish it was all yellow, like the G1 Bumblebee. They used the latest movies Bumblebee as a reference though. Like the Cybertronian hieroglyphs on it... hope somebody knows what I'm talking about. lol

Well I guess my main concern is the color not being "bad" enough for a Decepticon. I'll likely grab 2 emblems for either side or maybe find one large enough to cover the VW hood logo.

Being my 1st car and little to know machine shop kind of knowledge, I'm not comfortable doing huge mods to it. Plus work a retail job, so pay isn't ideal for modding my car too much.

Also, is it safe to put an emblem of any kind over the VW logo on the steering wheel? I mean as far as if the airbag were to be diploid, could an emblem (likely plastic or metal) being stuck to the VW logo do any injury to the driver? I'm just not sure where/how the airbag is diploid from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll likely end up with a mix of things on/in my Beetle. Looking at a Transformers Decepticon symbol for either the hood (will depend on if it'll cover the VW logo or not) or 2, 1 on either side of the car. Then I have some Todd McFarlane Spawn figure accessories I may put into the flower vase. And lastly, possibly getting Star Wars steering wheel cover or maybe pads on the seat belts... or maybe license plate frames. Or... Transformer license plate frames. Haven't decided on that yet.

I'll post pics of my Beetle at some point. Currently having issues with it, so it needs some work. Once I get it back, I'll take some pics.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So this is pretty old but I saw my thread got tagged so I wanted to check it out. As for hood emblems I'm couldn't really find anything that would fit perfect or close to what is there from factory. Anything I thought might fit looked pretty tacky. I found a website called emblemart.com? That does custom emblems to your size and what you want and I'm probably going to have them make up front and rear Autobot onesfor my 99. They are kinda expensive. I think its going to run me close to 100 dollar for two emblems but they are machine cut and will look similar to the styling of the factory emblems so for me its worth it.
Just a thought if you haven't found anything yet.
Also thanks, I'm really happy with how my Beetle turned out, but I'm changing a lot of stuff right now to it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is pretty old but I saw my thread got tagged so I wanted to check it out. As for hood emblems I'm couldn't really find anything that would fit perfect or close to what is there from factory. Anything I thought might fit looked pretty tacky. I found a website called emblemart.com? That does custom emblems to your size and what you want and I'm probably going to have them make up front and rear Autobot onesfor my 99. They are kinda expensive. I think its going to run me close to 100 dollar for two emblems but they are machine cut and will look similar to the styling of the factory emblems so for me its worth it.
Just a thought if you haven't found anything yet.
Also thanks, I'm really happy with how my Beetle turned out, but I'm changing a lot of stuff right now to it.
Thought I replied, but I guess not.

Hey! Did you post updated pics of the changes? I'll have to go look around.

My Beetle ended up getting into a minor weather related accident... thanks to some ice and bushes, scratched up the passenger side pretty bad, had the passenger side mirror broken off, rear bumper damaged, as well as the rear passenger light.

The body shop I went to was able to get it looking as good as before the accident. They also painted a Decepticon logo on the rear bumper, which I still need to take a picture of. That was done for free, since the guy is still just getting into custom painting and wanted to experiment as well as show off his work to anyone who asks me about it. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts