NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NICE! Really NICE! 2.0L, 5 spd - You can tell this one was loved! Boot, Windstop, OM, ALL Keys, Car COVER - I couldn't find a flaw in the many, many pics, stated Airbag Light. IF your looking for a an early Vert, this one deserves your attention. I'm betting all maintenance is current AND documented. Somebody around here ought to recognize this Bug!

Volkswagen : Beetle - New | eBay

Not my listing! I wouldn't be selling it!

MORAV

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
Just to be the devil's advocate to your glowing post :p

It does report a accident and failed emissions test but Ebay's checker lacks any form of clarification or details compared to Carfax or others.

From the tow rod being out of place in the trunk pic I'd assume it was major enough accident to be towed but it may have been towed from dealer to dealer *shrug* . Also oddly enough, the history of the car stops dead at the accident in 2009. No history after that event. Airbag light might be related to the accident or 'LOL' there might not be airbags in it at this point.

Still, the price is insane low.

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen a blue top? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't meant to be an endorsement! Caveat emptor!

I'm reading a "passed" inspection, not a "failed inspection", Appears CT has a two year registration program (many States do), so no red flag there. As to the tow ring, Seller states the car was acquired from an Audi Dealer trade-in. Typically cars are transported, not driven, from Dealer to Dealer, so that does indicate anything to me either. As to the accident, I'd request info from Seller, or get a copy of the police report, # is stated in AutoCheck Report.

An accident report could be anything from a parking lot confrontation to a major head-on. While there was one, obviously, who knows what? Down side of these type of reports. Personally I think there should be a dollar figure, but that's not going to appear in a police report, and there is no Insurance Co report indicated, signifying it may have been very insignificant, at least to the extent the involved didn't file an insurance claim. I've handled many $1500-$2500 claims out of pocket ($1k Deductible anyway) to avoid insurance cost issues. Way cheaper in the long run.
I don't think I have ever seen a blue top? :confused:
Can't say that I have either, but at 107k miles would not be unusual that it has been replaced.

M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts