NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
"3 Day Auction" that ended as scheduled according to the listing. With 0 Bids. No takers at $17k. Maybe the left hand drive in the UK? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Over here those Bug's will cost new $70,000

I remember when the 1998 came out and i was working in Palm Springs, California, and fell in Love with them. I wish i bought one then and shipped it over to the U.K. as in rip off Britain we always pay so much more for new vehicles :(

Morav the first Bug was in the U.S. too :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I never looked, just noticed it was on eBay U.K. and assumed! Shame on me.

I am totally perplexed about the cost of a new one over there. Ppl here used to go to Germany on vacation, buy a new German car, e.g. Mercedes, Porsche, drive it the entire time they were over there, and then have it shipped back. The savings paid for their entire trip.

M.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wouldn't mind buying from these Oprah winners, they got nothing to lose. All they did is probably pay TTL on MSRP to take delivery. If it sells for $18K they still walk away with ~$15K cash.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I wouldn't mind buying from these Oprah winners, they got nothing to lose. All they did is probably pay TTL on MSRP to take delivery. If it sells for $18K they still walk away with ~$15K cash.
In many States you pay State Sales Tax on what you paid for the car, a gift is just that, a gift, $0 tax. Local, State, and Federal Income Taxes are another thing.

·
Super Moderator
5,311 Posts
In many States you pay State Sales Tax on what you paid for the car, a gift is just that, a gift, $0 tax. Local, State, and Federal Income Taxes are another thing.
Some states also have a gift tax on cars so you still end up paying something.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Some states also have a gift tax on cars so you still end up paying something.
Oh yeah, it's all about the money today. Texas used to tax on the transaction amount, figured too many weren't being honest, so they changed it to using the book value, THEIR book value.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
Here you are taxed on the sale price at purchase, but then you pay property tax on the vehicle every year based on the value of the vehicle (Not sure how they determine that though). NC does allow gift transactions with no tax, but I think it has to be a family member transaction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts