NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

was driving through the parkinglot and everything was covered in snow so i couldn't see anything. hit a little median curb thing, had no idea it was there. anyway if you guys could tell me how much you think im in for that'd be great. that was the only damage i noticed so i think its fair to say the bottom of the radiator is screwed. can it be fixed or do i have to get a new one? any help would be appreciated this has been the worst month of my life. two family deaths, one of my puppys was electricuted, then they both got blinded when a groomer used degreaser accidently instead of shampoo.... ughhh!

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhhh well... when it happened i wasn't surprised at all just kinda said. figures, bleh! can you take outloans for this kind of stuff? because ontop of tuition and all i can't affoard it but i also can't affoard not to ahve my car. can't wait till this summer when im making great money again

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Umm, you seem to have 2 cars, and are planning on a third..

It just seems like you wouldn't have a problem paying for this.

Sorry to hear about the puppies though.. sue their asses!

SMG

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it normally wouldn't be a problem. but my financial aid is screwed up so im selling the mustang to pay for some of my school. i've already payed 1000 dollars in vet bills for the current incident alone not to mention the 500 for the incident about a month ago where my puppy chewed on cables and electricuted herself. and now this all at once. and since i moved i had to quit my well paying job so im living off of my bank account basically with my current job only paying for food etc. i wont be able to get my job back till i move back home this summer.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Not cheap. Just by the pics and going for the critical items, it looks like min you will need a new core support and possiable radiator. What will be the killer is the labor as the whole front bumper and fenders, impact beam (maybe) will need to come off then also having the fluids flushed. Where there any other lines underneath cut or pinched? Was the oilpan or tanny hit also?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
You're looking at a min of 8 hours in labor if you take it to a shop. :(

Radiator, lower and likely upper radiator support, possibly more. I'm sorry man, I am having a rough month myself (I JUST got back in not long ago from having a vet tell me they can't tell if any of the celophane bag is in my cat since XRAYS can't see celophane!) ... *hug*

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Preston said:
but my financial aid is screwed up so im selling the mustang to pay for some of my school.
Selling the Mustang!?!?!:jawdrop: I've had mine since 96, and I know plenty of former Mustang owners who wish that they never sold theirs. But if you have no other choice, then best of luck to ya. I just hope you don't turn out to be one of those former owners who starts to drool when you see one just like yours. By the way, sorry about all your bad luck. It'll get better.

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IgottaBug! said:
Selling the Mustang!?!?!:jawdrop: I've had mine since 96, and I know plenty of former Mustang owners who wish that they never sold theirs. But if you have no other choice, then best of luck to ya. I just hope you don't turn out to be one of those former owners who starts to drool when you see one just like yours. By the way, sorry about all your bad luck. It'll get better.

eh, as far as the mustang thing goes i hate it with a passion. the interior is cheap, the handling is sub par and the acceleration is weak. the engine is the sohc variant which isn't idealy something i'd tune. i dont like the feel of the pedals etc. etc. im very happy to get rid of it. its only got about 50k miles on it too

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Preston said:
eh, as far as the mustang thing goes i hate it with a passion. the interior is cheap, the handling is sub par and the acceleration is weak. the engine is the sohc variant which isn't idealy something i'd tune. i dont like the feel of the pedals etc. etc. im very happy to get rid of it. its only got about 50k miles on it too
I can sooooo relate. I didn't like my Ford products spanning two decades of production either. Love the bug (and it's always-closed driver's door)!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
If you have access to some tools (such as Torx bits) and a friend or two, you can swap the radiator yourself.

The 2.0L radiator is $139 from 1stvwparts.com.

Also check to see if your A/C condensor is damaged (it sits in front of the radiator).

-Des

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
I once scooped a cat into my fog grill and it cost about $600 for new fogs, grill suround, and mesh. Insurance paid for most of it.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Preston said:

Sorry you feel that way. I can't say much for the 96, besides that I can relate to the weak power output of the SOHC 4.6 engine. I have a 91 GT myself. The suspensions on any year Mustang is a pretty weak point (keeps costs down), and should be the first thing that gets modified. Good luck on selling it and getting your NB fixed! Ironically, I did the same thing to my Mustang a few years back, and it gets garaged every Winter now.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
I love the color of your beetle. What is it called? It does seem to be bleeding. I wont risk driving mine in snow. I am very sorry to hear about your dogs too. Hope the groomer has to pay the bills.

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deserion said:
If you have access to some tools (such as Torx bits) and a friend or two, you can swap the radiator yourself.

The 2.0L radiator is $139 from 1stvwparts.com.

Also check to see if your A/C condensor is damaged (it sits in front of the radiator).

-Des
no place to do it... i live in the dorms :( but i might have too. i dont know. hope it didn't hit the A/C condenser but who knows

Dottydeb said:
I love the color of your beetle. What is it called? It does seem to be bleeding. I wont risk driving mine in snow. I am very sorry to hear about your dogs too. Hope the groomer has to pay the bills.
i was having quite a bunch of fun with the ebrake and everything, i used to do some rally so i needed my oversteer fix. to bad i had to get in a wreck when i was driving 10 mph trying to park. and of course the snow thaws today so you can see the median fine and i look like an idiot. im not sure what colour it is exactly. but it changes colour which is kind of neat from purplish to greenish. if you've seen me i look kind of metro so i just look plain gay when its purple but i dont care I LOVE MY BEETLE

wellll i have no clue what im going to do. im hesitant to do anything right now because i want to make sure my dogs get any treatment they need not that i have enough money at the moment. so i think i'll start selling off some of my toys (im not selling one piece of stereo equip though haha) anyway yeah im not worried about them paying me the money back. my stepdad is a lawyer so if they refuse to pay i'll simply take them for all i can. i would really like them to just pay because im not looking to make a profit off of this. i do realize that people make mistakes and i understand that so i'll settle for an appology and my bills being taken care of. not to mention the stress isn't needed at all. hell, when i was telling my girlfriend about it the back of my chair fell of and i ended up on my ass haha. what a horrible month

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Preston said:

was driving through the parkinglot and everything was covered in snow so i couldn't see anything. hit a little median curb thing, had no idea it was there. anyway if you guys could tell me how much you think im in for that'd be great. that was the only damage i noticed so i think its fair to say the bottom of the radiator is screwed. can it be fixed or do i have to get a new one? any help would be appreciated this has been the worst month of my life. two family deaths, one of my puppys was electricuted, then they both got blinded when a groomer used degreaser accidently instead of shampoo.... ughhh!
WHY would a groomer have degreaser anwhere near the shampoo? Your poor puppies

·
Audiophile
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lnzbug said:
WHY would a groomer have degreaser anwhere near the shampoo? Your poor puppies

that was my first question... like what is this place in a garage or something?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts