NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Dallas Texas area and am in need of a Low Mileage 1.8 Turbo Gas Engine ASAP for my 2003 Turbo Gas/Automatic Beetle. My Honda Civic has crapped out and need the Beetle engine replaced ASAP so I do not have to buy another car. Please contact me with information if you have one or know an affordable place to get one.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
What happened that you need a whole new engine?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
Unless it was seriously catastrophic it should really only need a head. Maybe some pistons but certainly not a completely new engine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened that you need a whole new engine?

You have seen my post "http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-8-liter-turbo/49691-broken-timing-belt-help.html" in which I had a timing belt break and I took to a shop who replaced the valves but ended up dropping more valves due to their neglect messing up the head piston and block.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motor Found

Well I located and bought an engine out of a 2004 Turbo Gas New Beetle which is suppose to have about 75,000 miles on it. Took to shop so they could make good on screw up. They have installed motor, but in process already scratched up the top of my perfect Red fenders OMG! Can't wait until it is done so I can have all worked checked out and be done with these clowns

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts